Selling or Buying a Home?
Whether you’re getting ready to sell your home and need a Pre-Inspection or you’re ready to buy your dream home and need a Home Inspection to review the safety of your new home – our Quality Home Inspection is the right investment for you.
Our Quality Home Inspection Reports
Benefits of a
Eventually your buyers are going to have your home inspected and a Pre-inspected Home will virtually eliminate all the hassles a buyers inspection causes.
Most Mortgage Companies and Insurance Companies require Home and Environmental Inspections before settlement.
A good selling point for your listing agent, A pre-inspected home sells in most cases quicker than a non-inspected home. If a buyer is comparing two homes that are of equal interest to them, an inspected home has a definite benefit for the buyer.
The inspection will help you price your home realistically and eliminate re-negotiations in many cases. It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement. It may also encourage the buyer to waive the inspection contingency in the purchase agreement.
Permits you to make any repairs ahead of time so that defects won’t become negotiating stumbling blocks later. And you have the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs yourself.
It may alert you of items of immediate personal concern, such as radon gas or active mold or active termite infestation. It may also relieve the prospect’s concerns and suspicions and help them make a buying decision more confidently and quicker. Less hassle for the seller.
faster home sale
A Pre-Inspected home is a selling benefit for a Real Estate agent having Buyers relocating to the area in need of a quick settlement or have little time to shop for a home.
Ir provides peace of mind for the Buyer and the Seller eliminating many potential problems before settlement.
Prepare Your Home to Be
Sold & Inspected
- Trim trees, bushes and vegetation back from foundation, roof, siding, chimneys, air conditioning and Heat pump units.
- Clean all debris off roof and clean out dirty gutters and basement entrances.
- Caulk around doors, windows, siding, porches and any other places there is cracking or settlement or a hole around an entrance pipe or vent. Do a neat job because, poor workmanship will only cause concerns from buyers.
- Sand and Paint areas of wood that are chipping or blistering. Make your home pretty to look at.
- Point up failing mortar joints in bricks or chimney.
- Check your grading, down spouts and water splash pans for proper water run off from house. Keeping the water away from your home will avoid foundation moisture problems.
- Repair cracks in sidewalks and seal driveways.
- Check on your roof for flashing and gasket deterioration around vent pipes and chimney, and check for a chimney cap.
- Check all entrances for safety problems.
- Replace missing siding, attic vents, Roof shingles, or other missing items.
- Remove mulch or grading near siding and foundation vents. This could cause a termite problem.
- Remove any fire wood or rotting wood or debris that is near your home. This is a natural breeding ground for termites, pests and rodents.
- In general clean up your outside, a buyers first impression is a lasting impression. A well maintained outside is a good invitation for potential buyers to visit the inside of your home.
- Make sure all the doors, windows and sliding entrances are in good working condition. Clean the tracks.
- Repair or replace any missing or torn screens or broken windows.
- Make sure all locks, latches and knobs are secure.
- In bathrooms, replace old and discolored caulking around tub, shower and sink areas. Do a professional job.
- Check the bath vents and fans for proper working condition and ventilation.
- Tighten the toilet to the floor and check for leaks and cracks in toilet and tank areas.
- Repair or replace tank filling and flushing systems if needed.
- In the kitchen, clean ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators and other appliances that will be left for the new buyer. Get appliances serviced and keep the paperwork to show the new buyers.
- Check for leaks in plumbing, under your sinks and all visible connections.
- Make sure the drains are running smoothly and the fixtures are not leaking.
- Make sure all drains have stoppers.
- Have your furnace, air conditioner and heat pumps serviced or placed on a service contract. This is a great selling point and peace of mind for you and your buyer.
- Replace the filter in the furnace and any other air cleaning units.
- Clean all air return vents.
- Install GFCI receptacles near all appropriate areas, kitchens and bathrooms. Check existing GFCI receptacles for proper operation.
- Check your sump pump for proper operation and make sure the well area is clean and the cover is installed. Eliminate any odors.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Remove all paints, gas, solvents, etc. from Crawl space, basement, attic.
- Make all areas accessible for inspection including attic, basement, crawl space, heat and air conditioning units, garage, foundation walls were possible, under steps. Now is the time to throw out or have a yard sale of all those unwanted or unused items jammed in your storage areas.
- Clean out your wood stove or fireplace and have that chimney or flue cleaned by a chimney sweep professional or maybe just those chimney cleaning logs could do the trick.
- Test all smoke detectors and install CO detectors if needed.
- Clean, vacuum dirt, dust, etc. from furnace, water heater or other units.
- MOISTURE IN THE HOME IS A PRIMARY REASON FOR BUYERS NOT TO PURCHASE YOUR HOME. Moisture causes wood rot leading to structural damage. Moisture in foundation causes foundations to fail and severe structural damage. Moisture at bottom of door jams, windows sills, garage doors, entrances and exit areas should be corrected. Moisture from cracks in foundation should be corrected by finding the source and fixing the problem. Patch up all the cracks in the foundation walls and floor. Water proofing companies can inject sealant in many cracks eliminating water intrusion. Moisture in crawl space can be corrected by installing a vapor barrier and installing proper ventilation and correcting the moisture source. Moisture causes mold and mildew which cause allergies and asthma problems for many. Black mold can cause serious illness. Eliminate all signs of mold and mildew by eliminating the moisture source. And installing proper ventilation.
- VACANT HOUSE: Be sure all utilities are turned on: water, electric, water heater, furnace, air conditioning, breakers in main panel.
Be aware of product failures such as aluminum wiring, polybutylene, EIFS (synthetic Stucco) etc.